The Skanda Yoga Teacher Training course is available online for live streaming. The classes will also be cataloged for reference during the program.
The Yoga Alliance has allowed a provision that they will allow registration for students that complete an online Teacher Training course by July 30th, 2020 due to COVID-19. The cost for the online live and on demand classes is $3,300 for Skanda Yoga Certification and Yoga Alliance registration. This option does not include regular studio classes. You will still have to pass 4 exams for certification (asana test, written test, final written exam, and teaching test). The teaching test should be filmed and submitted for review. You may be asked to make several videos until you pass and qualify for certification. This course option will also include a private with Anand and Sadhana, either thru live stream, or in person. You will also receive guidance from the course mentor for students to help guide you through the program.
- Strengthen asana practice.
- Deepen meditation practice.
- Learn about mythology and philosophy.
- Learn therapeutics and anatomy.
- Learn how to assist students.
- Enhance personal freedom and self-empowerment.
Teacher Training Topics Covered
- Intro to Skanda Yoga and History of Hatha Yoga
- Action an Alignment in Asana
- Setting Spiritual Themes. The Power, Action, and Essence of teaching.
- Scientific Stretching Techniques (anatomy of stretching)
- Assisting students in basic poses
- Assisting students in Advanced poses
- Verbal Skills for teaching instructions
- Review assisting and practice teaching
- Anatomy of Chakras (diagnosing with pendulum)
- Mudra, Bandha, and Pranayama
- Yoga Philosophy and Mythology
- Classical Yoga Philosophy
- Vedanta & Tantra philosophy
- Anatomy and Therapeutics (inner body)
- Anatomy and Therapeutics (upper body)
- Anatomy and Therapeutics (lower body)
- Bhagavad Gita
- Advanced Skanda “Practice”
- Practice Teaching & Review
- Sanskrit quiz & Therapeutics review
- Teaching and assisting
- Teaching Test
- Adjusting and Assisting exam
- Asana & Sanskrit exam
- Final written exam
- The practice of Skanda Yoga by K.F. von Roenn III.
- Moola Bandha: The Master Key by Swami Buddhananda.
- Hatha Yoga Pradapika by Swami Muktibodhananda.
- The Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga: Scientific Keys Volume I by Ray Long MD.
- 13-Moon Natural Time Calendar by Jose Arguelles.
- The Yoga Sutras (any translation).
- Bhagavad Gita.
- The Upanishads.