Alissa Stein began practicing yoga regularly after attended a yoga Journal conference in celebration of her 50th birthday. suffering from chronic low back & shoulder pain, as well as TMJ, she found that through yoga her symptoms diminished considerably.
Alissa has explored anusara, skanda yoga works & Gentle Therapeutics Teacher tranings. SHe is also certified in Yoga for Scoliosis. In all of these styles, Yoga is both a transformational & inspirational practice. Mid-life has taught Alissa that with practice, all will come & you do not have to have a “flexy-bendy” body in order to begin.
Alissa graduated from Washington University in St. Louis Missouri, with a BA in Early Childhood Education & Art History. In addition, she received her Masters in Early Childhood & Special Education from Washington University.
Seal: Blue Lunar Hand.
Yoga Certifications & Trainings:
- Certified in Yoga for Scoliosis, Elise Browning Miller,
- Sr. Iyengar Teacher, San Francisco CA 2015
- Graduate of Gentle Therapeutics Teacher training-
- 500 hour teacher training 2015
- Registered Yoga Teacher E-RYT200/500
- Graduate of YogaWorks 200-Hour Teacher Training –
- Registered Yoga Teacher 200 (RYT© 200) 2011
- 200 hour Skanda Yoga Teacher Certification –
- Inaugural Graduating class with Founder
- of Skanda Yoga- Ken Von Roenn III 2009
- 100 hour Anusara Immersions Levels 1, 2 & 3 2005
Weekend Yoga/Meditation Workshops with:
- Iyengar Yoga Workshop w/Manuso Manos 2015
- John Friend, Jordan Bloom, Ken Von Roenn, III
- Betsy Downing, Sianna Sherman
- Yoga Journal Conference – Miami 2004
- Yoga Journal Conference – New York 2006
- Sally Kempton- Dharana Institute
- Opening the heart in meditation 2005
- Wellness Coach & Advanced Raw Food Certification 2015
- Reiki Master & Advanced Reiki Training (ART) 2015
- Reiki 1 & 2 with Rev. Lorraine Meyer 2010
- Raw Food Certification – Regeneration Raw 2010
- Vedic Thai Massage with “Mukti” Michael Buck 2005
- Gyrokenesis Pre- Training 2004